Call for dancers - choreographing "Transmission"

Here comes the beginning of a new adventure - and this time, it's not a solo! Fancy joining me?


Are you interested in choreography? Would you like to be part of a group co-choreographing a dance piece with me and to then perform it?

If so, do please read on!

I’d like to invite dancers, across dance genres, at a level from improvers/intermediate upwards, and aged 13+ (and with parental consent for those under 18), to take part in 10 sessions of choreography around the theme of “Transmission”.



Each 2-hour session will consist of a short warm-up followed by creative explorations with a view to create a 3-5 minutes dance piece. 

Sessions are planned to take place weekly on Saturday afternoons, 3pm-5pm, at the URC Hall in Summertown (OX2 7HN - behind the red brick church across from South Parade), on the following dates:
26th Oct
2nd Nov
9th Nov
16th Nov
23rd Nov (location tbc)
30th Nov (location tbc)
7th Dec
14th Dec
 (And another 2 sessions in the new year, after the Christmas break:)
11th Jan 2020
18th Jan 2020 


As this is a project I’m undertaking as part of my dance teacher training course for ISTD's Level 6 Diploma in Dance Pedagogy (DDP) at Swindon Dance, I will need to film the final piece on 18th Jan 2020 (so that I can be assessed as a teacher/choreographer, based on what we’ll have created together). 
This final (filmed) “performance” will take place in the hall where we rehearse - we can discuss inviting an audience on that day, with those taking part!

[Note: I hold an enhanced DBS check, and any queries regarding my participation in the DDP course can be directed to: DDP [at] swindondance.org.uk ]

In order to help me shoulder the costs of hall rental, I would very much welcome some financial contributions - on a pay-as-you-can basis (as little as £3 per person per session would already help loads).

If you’re interested in taking part, please email me, ,  by 19th October 2019 at the latest please, specifying:
- your name
- your contact details (email and phone number - or those of a parent/carer for those under 18) 
- your age (and parental/carer consent for those under 18)
- your preferred dance genre(s)
- and, confirmation that you can make the 10 dates above!

Feel free to also email me with questions if you have any!
Please note that if you’re interested, it is important that you please commit to attending most of the 10 sessions planned above - and that you can make the first date on 26th Oct and both January dates!

Your help with this project would be hugely appreciated! 

And of course, I very much look forward to enjoying this creative process with you!



Comments

Dance360 said…
Dance is an art. we are choreographers. really appreciated your blog. dance360